jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1840406 - in /jmeter/trunk: bin/jmeter.properties src/core/org/apache/jmeter/JMeter.java xdocs/changes.xml xdocs/usermanual/properties_reference.xml
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2018 13:41:40 GMT
On 9 September 2018 at 14:19, Felix Schumacher
<felix.schumacher@internetallee.de> wrote:
> While I like groovy, it might be that other users have other JSR223
> languages as their favourites.

+1

> Should we make the init script mechanism a little bit more flexible by using
> the files ending to determine the language/engine? That way a user could
> setup a jsr223.init.file=my_suberb_init.js and JMeter would try to get a JSR
> 223 engine for "js", or jsr223.init.file=some_python.py to run it with an
> engine for "py".
>
> What do you think?

To make it truly generic, I think the startup code needs to be given a
list of languages to initialise.
After all, someone might want to use two different JSR223 languages.

One way to do this would be to have the following properties:

jsr223.init.languages=groovy,js
groovy.init.file=def
js.init.file=abc

If the code ignored missing *.init.file properties, then
jsr223.init.languages could default to beanshell in order to keep the
existing behaviour.