jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1840406 - in /jmeter/trunk: bin/jmeter.properties src/core/org/apache/jmeter/JMeter.java xdocs/changes.xml xdocs/usermanual/properties_reference.xml
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2018 23:53:42 GMT
On 9 September 2018 at 16:16, Felix Schumacher
<felix.schumacher@internetallee.de> wrote:

> Am 09.09.2018 um 16:31 schrieb sebb:
>>
>> On 9 September 2018 at 14:55, Felix Schumacher
>> <felix.schumacher@internetallee.de> wrote:

>>> Yes, that might be a good idea.
>>>
>>> But I think I might like it better if jsr223.init would be kept in
>>> front of those variable names.
>>>
>>> What do you think of
>>>
>>> jsr223.init.languages=groovy,js
>>> jsr223.init.file.groovy=def
>>> jsr223.init.file.js=abc
>>
>> This will change the behaviour for beanshell unless that is handled
>> separately.
>
> The current behaviour is that beanshell is handled differently.
>

>> Will also need to be aware that BeanShell init could appear in two
>> places with different property names and files.
>
> My English parser seems to be broken, can you elaborate a bit, what you mean
> with this?

At present there is the property beanshell.init.file

AIUI you propose to have the additional property:

jsr223.init.file.beanshell=abc

What happens if both are defined but point to different files?

Whereas with my original naming convention there is only one property name.

I'm not saying my suggestion is perfect, but I think it has fewer issues.