jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Place holder for function execution / Variables evaluation
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2018 17:21:00 GMT
On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 5:42 PM Paulo Maia Borges <pmaiaborges@temenos.com>
wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand but I don't think I agree...
>
> Whenever we want to change a variable in a flexible way, can't we just
> insert a BeanShell sampler anywhere and execute a bit of code to change a
> variable? Example, insert a BeanShell Sampler with this code to read an
> existing variable, change it, then store it somewhere else:
> """
> String LoginID = vars.getObject ("LoginID");
> String UserNumber = LoginID.substring (2);
> vars.put ("UserNumber", UserNumber);
> """
>
> This isn't fixed to the start of the test, nor to User Variables, nor to
> being a pre or post processor. The only problem I can think of is that a
> BeanShell Sampler generates a "sample" result, which is quite stupid when
> we merely want to execute some code. What we need is a new control that can
> just run a script without «also» generating a "sample".
>

> Or maybe I'm just not understanding properly..?

Of course it is possible to do it through scripting, Beanshell is not the
advised way for performances, you should use JS223  + Groovy.
The idea is to make it simple for users who don't know much coding.
So the idea of my proposal is to  make it simpler for users and as a
benefit, to not generate any sample.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.