jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Wolfe <wolfebrian2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Official docker image for JMeter
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2019 11:39:17 GMT
I have containerized a few applications. Question is, what is the purpose for this? Distributed
load testing or automated testing?
Sounds good, but how will the jmeter master talk to other jmeter server instances?
Thing is most people would want to deploy this on a kubernetes cluster which could have multiple
pods/instances of jmeter server.
In kubernetes you would have an ingress controller redirect traffic to the pods. So you wouldnt
know the exact ip of each pod. I dont think jmeter works in that fashion.

We could probably start off with a generic docker that can just run jobs independently through
docker running on a particular host and port.

Controling the linux distro and java is the easy part. We first have to have a goal for what
we want the docker image to do. We could use alpine linux and openjdk8 to run it. I think
alpine licensing is free.

We could then host the official image on dockerhub, if apache is okay with that.