jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Official docker image for JMeter
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2019 11:13:10 GMT

> Hello,
>
> Don’t you think we should publish an official docker image for JMeter?

I am not sure.

 * ASF says it distributes source artifacts, only (which all (java)
projects - that I know of - are somehow ignoring by publishing binary
distributions)

 * Every docker image that can run JMeter would probably have some non
Apache licensed ingredients. I am not sure how we could distribute those
as an ASF project

 * There are so many more moving parts, that we would have to monitor
(linux distribution, Java distribution, plugins, ...) that I am unsure,
how we could handle that load

Apart from that, I think an official Image would be nice.

Felix