jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Gradle Migration: .classpath files contain duplicate jars
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2019 15:05:36 GMT
On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 4:30 PM Vladimir Sitnikov <
sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:

> >we can inspect dependencies manually as a first step.
>
> I just don't like inspect things manually because I tend to make mistakes
> there.

Ok, let's see what other think.

> >I find the build already very complex. So I would KISS for now.
>
> Really?
> What is complicated?

It's just my feeling for now (I wrote "I feel" , not " it is ") with the
following context:
- I use Maven, I am a very beginner in Gradle.
- I don't know Kotlin, and the build is based on it. It's ok, I'll learn
it, but I thought it would be in Groovy initially.
- I use Eclipse, it seems it's more integrated for IDEA. IMO, the build
MUST also work smoothly with Eclipse, one of the migration aim was to
simplify IDE integration, it was not great for Eclipse and not made for
IDEA. Now it is smooth for IDEA (I haven't tested it and rely on what you
say) but not for Eclipse.

So I am starting to look at it.
For now I feel unable to maintain it or make it evolve, but for now it
looks ok to me as it's the begining.

As for me it looks quite simple and clean.

You built it, so it is naturally simple to you knowing you also knew
Gradle.
Yes it is clean.

--
Cordialement.