jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About modernity of our mailing list and its impact on the project
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2019 19:34:21 GMT
>- Need to subscribe in a not very simple way

It might be a reasonable price.
Remember, you can't ask a question on StackOverflow without registration.

>   - Images and attachments forbidden making very frequently the question
>   unusable and requiring user to use a 3rd party service to attach his
>   documents

Can attachments be allowed?

Here's my recent mail to dev@maven.apache.org that includes an attachment:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/a613ac8884e857208b5ac1dda288c8c43c03631edd4aabd58236a20d@%3Cdev.maven.apache.org%3E

>- that's something that could be improved ?

I don't see how Google Group would improve things.
StackOverflow seems to be already there.

Slack requires registration on a "per group" level, and it does not sound
to be very productive to have a separate window for JMeter slack.
Most of the times it would be closed as I already have 7 other Slack
windows.

It might be not completely related, but I would say that Bugzilla is kind
of odd.
In my experience, 99% of the cases I use Bugzilla are related to JMeter.
It does allow to attach images/files, however the UI is kind of weird,
there's no preview for images, and the formatting for messages is not there.

On the other hand, issue tracker is not a place for asking questions.

>jmeter google group

I don't see how Google Group would improve things.

Vladimir