jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MigLayout
Date Sun, 29 Sep 2019 20:00:04 GMT
>1/ Are we sure it will be maintained in the future ?

It seems to be pretty stable.

JMeter UI is not that consistent.
I don't suggest we re-write all the UI into Mig, however, it might help for
certain panels.
At the end of the day, Mig implements Swing Layout, so it should be
composable with the existing code.

For instance:

1) Field placement and height is not consistent.
Note: the border around "comments text field" was not there until today.
All three text fields have a different height.

[image: field_height.png]

Here is "proxy server" configuration.
The spacing around fields is odd. "Port number" label is glued to the field
on its left.
Of course, everybody gets the intention, however, Mig would solve the
layout with maintainable code.

[image: spacing_and_font_size.png]

Here is "IF controller". Does it look great? I don't think so. I think Mig
could help to improve the layout of the page.

[image: alignment.png]

Vladimir