jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: MongoDB driver
Date Sun, 06 Oct 2019 10:48:19 GMT

> Hello Vladimir,
> No the gradle plugin won't solve this.
> The driver has broken source compatibility.
>
> Also we exposed DB object and now it has been replaced by MongoDatabase.
> The authentication is also different which means we need to rewrite nearly
> everything.
> And finally, the Mongo elements are not even visible today, so removing
> them has no impact for me.
>
> So let's just remove the code no ?

The driver has been marked deprecated for at least one version of JMeter
(marked on Dec 27 2015).

It will not work on newer MongoDB versions (at least that is what I
heard, haven't tried it).

So it is probably time to remove it.

On the other hand, the versioning scheme would require a new major
version for breaking changes such as dropping a sampler, would not it?

Felix