jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Deprecation Warnings for nashorn on current Java versions
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2019 09:35:59 GMT
Hi all,

I have used a test plan with a lot of JavaScript snippets with Java 11
and got really annoyed by the deprecation warnings that nashorn emits.

They can be silenced by adding "-Dnashorn.args=--no-deprecation-warning"
to the java command line parameters.

Should we

 a) add them when we detect a current Java version

 b) add a comment in the start scripts

 c) add it to the known problems section

 d) do nothing

 e) do something completely different

(and should we do this before the next RC?)

My preference is c) (with a) as second best) and before the next release.

My solution at work was to add it with an entry in setenv.sh

Regards

 Felix