jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release JMeter 5.2 ?
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2019 20:31:37 GMT
>Is there a procedure for gradle with the pre-requisites?

You should have your PGP keys ready (and signed by at least one PMC).

^^^ we might want to organize a virtual signing party to meet each other
and sign PGP keys.

Then you have to gain some karma from milamber (I guess it is PMC chair who
authorizes changes to dist/jmeter/META, see
https://www.apache.org/dist/META/ROOT )
Technically speaking META says you can't release as of now:
https://www.apache.org/dist/jmeter/META

Then you launch ./gradlew prepareVote -Pasf # asf here means "push to ASF
servers rather than to a playground ones"

It prepares a release candidate and prints the draft "vote mail".

Then you send the vote email so everybody votes.

In case the vote succeeds you launch ./gradlew publishRelease -Pasf

That is it.

Then comes "update website part" which is not automated yet, and I don't
think we should hold the release trying to automate website for now.

Vladimir