jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 5.2 RC1
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2019 22:27:17 GMT
Milamber>The first release candidate for JMeter 5.2 (a9349adffb) has been
Milamber>prepared, and your votes are solicited.

Thank you.

Here are some comments.
They do not seem to block the release, however, we might want to fix them
in the future:

1) Vote mail contains short Git SHA only (a9349adffb). Do we want to have
full one somewhere?

2) Vote mail misses a link to the signing PGP key (e.g.
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/$username.asc)

3) The source archive
contains apache-jmeter-5.2/buildSrc/subprojects/batchtest/build/
and apache-jmeter-5.2/src/build/ folders
We need to exclude the folders via ,gitignore rules.
When I build source artifact locally I don't
have apache-jmeter-5.2/src/build/, so the resulting _src.zip is produced
with a different sha

4) javadoc task should specify locale explicitly. Currently, it inherits
the system locale, thus it produces <html lang="ru"> for me which is not
right.
That causes my doc/api/...html files to be different from the staged ones

5) Javadoc seems to produce different results due to different parsing of
the "header" lines.
Source code:
https://github.com/apache/jmeter/blob/a9349adffb31f0b4d98ca11ce74e04c330661f2d/src/jorphan/src/main/java/org/apache/jorphan/util/JOrphanUtils.java#L168

Documentation:
https://apache.github.io/jmeter-site-preview/site/api/org/apache/jorphan/util/JOrphanUtils.html
Method Summary table contains
 rightAlign(StringBuilder in, int len)
Right aligns some text in a StringBuilder N.B.  <-- note it stops right
after the dot.

Javadoc on my machine (1.8.0_152-b16) generates
rightAlign(StringBuilder in, int len)
Right aligns some text in a StringBuilder N.B. modifies the input builder
<-- note it includes "modifies ..." into the summary.

I cannot tell which one follows the spec better, but that is yet another
source of the non-reproducibility of the binary artifacts.

Vladimir