jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 5.2 RC1
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2019 11:58:28 GMT
>Is it regular that  we embed those jars in lib  ? :

That is a good question.
By the way, I suggest we add a test case in the future that would list
important bits of the resulting zip, so we can immediately see when a
change alters the binary.
As a reminder, you can use ./gradlew :src:dist:dependencies --configuration
runtimeClasspath to identify why a particular dependency is selected for
the binary release.

> - hamcrest-XXX

No idea.
It was shipped with JMeter 5.1.1, so I included it here as well.
https://github.com/apache/jmeter/blob/v5.2-rc1/src/protocol/build.gradle.kts#L139-L140

>   - apiguardian-api-1.1.0 (probably yes)

2KiB. Enables to declare API status. I guess it is fine to ship

>   - checker-qual-2.10.0
200KiB (~annotations an enums mostly)
>   - error_prone_annotations-2.3.3
13KiB

The two come from Caffeine.
Here Ben explains why the jars might be important:
https://github.com/ben-manes/caffeine/issues/300#issuecomment-507305040

I'm not sure what is the probability of someone downloading JMeter binary
build and trying to use it as a set of jars in their projects, but I can
imagine those cases.

I guess it should be ok to ship the libs.

Vladimir