jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git enable force push for master branches
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2019 07:44:48 GMT
Updated subject from "Git status update"

The discussion "what if we enable force push" reminds me the discussion on
"should we move files when migrating to Gradle".

There was a plenty of comments like "please try to keep old file layout",
however it turns like file layout is not really an issue.

The same pattern repeats here with "let's enable force push".
I suggest we agree to enable it, and see how it goes.

This does not harm, and we all save time on trying to invent theoretical
cases.

Just in case: Apache Calcite is used to have force pushes for ages.
Force-push is used there for the same reasons (fix typos in commits, revert
commits, etc), and there are no issues/complains.

Vladimir