jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MongoDB driver
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2019 16:45:20 GMT
>I propose to drop it for this release 5.2

This is interesting.
Do we need Bolt then?

Who will maintain it?

>Possible benefits for users is cleaner UI menus

What if we add a "import-like" feature to the thread group?
In other words, what if ThreadGroup (or it's ImportConfigurator) includes a
set of checkboxes:
"I want Mongo in this threadgroup"
"I want JSR223 in this threadgroup"

Then context menus might show only "already imported" elements, to it would
be very small.
"not yet imported" could be either completely hidden, or put into
"unimported yet" sub-menu.

The user could configure different imports for different thread groups.
Menus are small, and everybody's happy.

As a bonus, we could even add/remove UI elements from ThreadGroup (or
whatever element) when the set of imports change.
For instance, if the user imports "http testing", then we could show "clear
caches on each iteration" feature to the ThreadGroup / LoopController
configuration.

mongo-java-driver-2.11.3.jar is 400KiB.
It is 10 times smaller than Saxon-HE-9.9.1-5.jar which is ~5.5M
It is 4 times smaller than commons-math3-3.6.1.jar which is 2.2M
and so on.

We could try reducing the initial download size by downloading dependencies
from MavenCentral-like repositories, however, that is a different story.
The removal of Mongo does not reduce the download.

Vladimir