jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter 4.0RC... is still at http://home.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-...
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2019 08:45:39 GMT
Milamber>I just upload a robots.txt file with disallow all into each RC
into my
Milamber>public html folder on home.apache.org.

Can you please clarify?

https://www.robotstxt.org/robotstxt.html says the file should be placed at
the root directory.

Then Google's documentation says:

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6062608?hl=en
Google>A robotted page can still be indexed if linked to from from other
sites
Google>While Google won't crawl or index the content blocked by robots.txt,
we might still find and index a disallowed URL if it is linked from other
places on the web

Which means "Google would discover the link to the preview from a mailing
list archive", so the only feasible option is to remove the page completely
(or move it to a new place that is never mentioned in the mailing lists"

Vladimir