jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 5.2 RC1
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2019 13:19:09 GMT
SHA -- ok
PGP -- ok

I've built JMeter from the source archive ( ./gradlew :src:dist:build
-Prelease )
The resulting archives seem to contain more-or-less the same files.

The resulting binary seems to work.

Unfortunately, it turns out *.class files are sensitive to the minor
versions of the Java compiler, so it is somewhat hard to reproduce the
binary.
I guess we would like to include Java version used by the release manager
as an additional release.properties file or something like that.
For this time I've installed openjdk version "1.8.0_222", and the binaries
are different again.
Next time I'll try 1.8.0_201 (the one Milamber used).

One more issue:  macOS does not display the application icon when switching
between applications.
That is caused by extra quotes added around the path in
https://github.com/apache/jmeter/commit/9dbb0b23469cb996d5a29233d53c21ab7a0a952e

Vladimir