jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter 4.0RC... is still at http://home.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-...
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2019 11:42:50 GMT
sebb>So surely that means it won't return matches to the staging site based
on content?

Which documentation do you read?
'
As for me, Google WILL display those results.

   - While Google won't crawl or index the content blocked by robots.txt,
   we might still find and index a disallowed URL if it is linked from other
   places on the web. As a result, the URL address and, potentially, *other
   publicly available information such as anchor text in links to the page can
   still appear in Google search results*. To properly prevent your URL
   from appearing in Google Search results, you should password-protect the
   files on your server <https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/93708>
    or use the noindex meta tag or response header
   <https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/93710> (or remove the page
   entirely).

They recommend password-protect the page though.

So the only viable options so far are:
1) drop the page
2) password-protect it

Vladimir