jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Avoid thread sleep on delays
Date Sun, 20 Oct 2019 22:16:09 GMT
> b) Jetty HTTP client

I've implemented a POC: https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/540
"thread group" => enable multitasking
"http sampler" => implementation=jetty-...

The sad thing with Jetty is it can't support "per-virtual user" connection
cache.
In other words, jetty.HttpClient requires 15 or so threads minimum, so we
can't create "HttpClient per virtual user"
However, if we create "one shared jetty.HttpClient", then different
"virtual users" would share connections, so they would get unrealisticly
low connect times.

On a plus side, Simon Bordet supports Jetty Http Client, and I'll meet
Simon at https://jokerconf.com/en in a couple of days.

> c) Apache HttpAsyncClient

It does not support HTTP2.
No idea how Apache async HTTP fits JMeter's needs.

Vladimir