jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Darcula theme vs tree view (the tree of components)
Date Sun, 06 Oct 2019 12:24:27 GMT
>as we are committing ourselves way more to the maintenance  of
>that software than to just updating the dependency

In fact, Darcula theme is already distributed, so the maintenance is the
same.

The next version of Darcula would likely be a complete rewrite, so the
upgrade will anyway be painful.
As the next "official" version appears, we could drop the relevant sources
and use the dependency.

>* Make an external fork of darcula and use that one (Would have the same
>problems with copying the sources in my opinion)

What is the point?
Note: it would be extremely hard to make coordinated changes.
If we just copy the source, then we could fix it and immediately see how
that plays with JMeter.

If someone forks Darcula, then we can't really use it in JMeter until the
fork releases. Two repositories make things much harder.

 Vladimir