jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Github: Delete v5_2_0_RC1
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2019 12:16:16 GMT

http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#publication

>PUBLICATION
>Projects MUST direct outsiders towards official releases rather than raw
source repositories, nightly builds, snapshots, release candidates, or any
other similar packages.

^^ the above line is in bold right in release-policy.html
What do you think of it?
Frankly speaking, I'm new to Apache, and don't quite get the intention
behind "trying to direct outsiders towards official releases" when
everybody uses "jmeter github" in Google nowadays. We can't really hide
GitHub from users even though we use it for development only (review, PR,
etc)

I wonder if sebb (or anybody else?) could shed some light on the policy as
they seem to be involved with ASF processes for much longer.

> The only people who are supposed to know about such developer resources
are individuals actively participating in development or following the dev
list and thus aware of the conditions placed on unreleased materials.

+

http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#host-GA

>WHERE CAN WE HOST PUBLIC (GA) RELEASES?
>source control repositories (svn.apache.org and Git repositories) may not
be used to distribute releases --- that is, releases should not be
downloaded from them

Vladimir