jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject JUnit5 vs JUnit4
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2019 13:53:53 GMT
Hi,

What do you think if we migrate existing JUnit4 tests to JUnit5, and
somehow forbid adding new JUnit4 tests?
For instance, we can add Spotless formatting step that automatically
replaces "import org.junit.Test" with "org.junit.jupiter.api.Test" within
java files :)

In most of the cases, the migration is as simple as replacing
org.junit.Test with org.junit.jupiter.api.Test.

In my point of view, the removal of JUnit4-based tests would simplify
maintenance as it would reduce (at least temporary) the number of different
test styles.

Any thoughts?

Vladimir