jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Avoid thread sleep on delays
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2019 16:30:43 GMT
Hello Vladimir,

AFAIK, Java has Loom Project https://openjdk.java.net/projects/loom/ (not
available yet) supposed to allow us what you propose to do through Kotlin.
It looks to me indeed a great way to achieve this, but I don't have the
picture of how we would do such thing in a maintainable way.

1/ Which parts of code would be switched to Kotlin and are we sure about
the performances of mixing Java/ Kotlin ?

   - https://kotlinlang.org/docs/reference/java-to-kotlin-interop.html

2/ Also regarding performance, in terms of implementation internal on
Kotlin side, does it use Exception triggering to do this Continuation/Fiber
thing ?
I am not sure about that but I saw a presentation by Remi Forax showing
Kotlin translated code where exception seemed to be used

Regards

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.