jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <p.moua...@ubik-ingenierie.com>
Subject Re: Github: Delete v5_2_0_RC1
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2019 12:01:37 GMT
On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 1:56 PM Vladimir Sitnikov <
sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:

> Technically speaking users should not use GitHub.

Why not ?
We could even put our binaries there, I'm pretty sure it would help extend
exposure

> They should follow source releases only:
> https://jmeter.apache.org/download_jmeter.cgi
> Does it really cause confusion?

I think it does, as of me, when I go on an open source library, I look at
releases and may want to check an RC if it fixes a bug I face and even use
it.
Most of our users know nothing about our ASF procedures, votes ...

--

[image: logo Ubik Ingenierie] <https://www.ubik-ingenierie.com> Philippe
Mouawad