jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Thanks section in changes.xml
Date Sat, 05 Oct 2019 12:55:13 GMT

Am 3. Oktober 2019 22:41:54 MESZ schrieb Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com>:
>On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 4:24 PM Felix Schumacher <
>felix.schumacher@internetallee.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> as Vladimir pointed out in a comment on a commit, I wonder whether
>>
>>  * there are any written rules who gets added to the thanks section
>>
>>  * is it really needed to separate between contributors and reporters
>>

>IMO yes, as it's not the same piece of work.

For me both it is some kind of contribution. I think the difference lies in the amount of
work put into it, but our current separation is around the type of work and not amount of
work.

>> My current standpoint here would be:
>>
>>  Simplify the list, by combining the two lists into one and mention
>> everyone, who:
>>
>>  * reports a bug/enhancement through bugzilla (which gets fixed)
>>
>>  * interacts in a "helpful" way on any bug/enhancement
>>

>What about people who contribute a patch (enhancement or bugfix ?),
>where
>would they be ?

In the (one and only) list of contributors :)

>Is it a big work to maintain this list ?

No, not that much. But I wonder whether this separation creates some kind of unfairness.

Felix