jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 5.2 RC1
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2019 16:30:28 GMT

On 07/10/2019 23:27, Vladimir Sitnikov wrote:
> Milamber>The first release candidate for JMeter 5.2 (a9349adffb) has been
> Milamber>prepared, and your votes are solicited.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Here are some comments.
> They do not seem to block the release, however, we might want to fix them
> in the future:
>
> 1) Vote mail contains short Git SHA only (a9349adffb). Do we want to have
> full one somewhere?

No, the short git sha seems sufficient for find the release:
~/GitRepos/JMeter/jmeter [master|✔]
11:36 $ git checkout a9349adffb
[...]
HEAD is now at a9349adff Current Gradle does not support Java 13, so
downgrade GitHub Actions to Java 12
~/GitRepos/JMeter/jmeter [v5.2-rc1|✔]

> 2) Vote mail misses a link to the signing PGP key (e.g.
> https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/$username.asc)

See sebb response.
The KEYS file is the release way (if you act as the RM, you must add
your gpg key into KEYS file)
The link to KEYS file is into the Download page too.

> 3) The source archive
> contains apache-jmeter-5.2/buildSrc/subprojects/batchtest/build/
> and apache-jmeter-5.2/src/build/ folders
> We need to exclude the folders via ,gitignore rules.

+1, it isn't a blocker but better to fix before a RC2

Milamber