jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: failing timeshift test
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2020 12:10:46 GMT

Am 08.03.20 um 12:55 schrieb Vladimir Sitnikov:
> I guess the issue there is the test relies on TimeZone.getDefault(),
> however,
> there's org.apache.jmeter.functions.TestDateTimeConvertFunction#testDateTimeConvertEpochTime
> which alters the default time zone.
>
> Let's see if something like https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/560 can
> workaround this.

Ah, you think it is a side effect. I thought it would be a different
interpretation of LocalTime addition operations and parsing.

My thought was, that either parsing or addition would use the current
timezone and the other one the timezone of the future date.

Especially as it happened on the JDK 13 instance, which has another TZ
set (New York, where dst starts today).

Felix