jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release 5.3
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2020 15:39:47 GMT
>I didn't have opportunity to review it more deeply or test it on real life
>case.

Same for me :-(

>Should we request users to test it and give feedback ?
>I have seen 2 or 3 very interested.

My understanding is we have a chicken and egg problem here.
JMeter releases are very rare, so features wait in the queue for
extremely long amount of time.
That demotivates both end-users and developers.
At the same time, we don't release because, well, some of the features are
in progress.

Now we are at a point when Java releases are more frequent than JMeter
releases :-/

We should be able to release once every two or three months, then the
features are released when they are ready.
We should avoid delaying the release because a feature is still pending.

Vladimir