jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Update documentation for Pull Requet #517 Add prefix or suffix sampler numbering for HTTP Test Script Recorder
Date Fri, 01 May 2020 19:44:41 GMT

Am 01.05.20 um 18:20 schrieb Vincent Daburon:
> Hi,
> Add prefix or suffix sampler numbering for HTTP Test Script Recorder
> https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/571
>
> I want to update the documentation about the "HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder".
> I see the last image
> https://github.com/apache/jmeter/blob/master/xdocs/images/screenshots/proxy_control.png
> had the *Metal *Look & Feel.
I think it is up to you, which LAF you use, I would use some LAF that
looks good to me :). You could take a look at
https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/574 which tries to generate them
automatically.

> If i put a new image what i recommended Look & Feel ?
> Metal, Windows ?
I always made the screenshots using Linux and I know some of the other
developers used MacOS. I don't think it is bad to use different LAFs, as
everyone will probably have their own preferences.

> Do you have a manual to update the documentation ?

I have started (locally) on a show-case document for the available
features of our XML-dialect, but didn't find the time to polish it up.

One way to update the documentation is to look through the XML documents
and the web site and copy the features/structure to get what you want.
The XML files produce two different targets. One is the website and the
other one is the "printable" documentation, that is used by JMeters old
help system.

> How do you show the final result for you modifications (xdoc manual) ?

You can verify the generated files locally, as they should contain
relative links inside, only.

To generate the documentation you can use gradle

$ ./gradlew previewSite

$ ./gradlew previewPrintableDocs

The documentation should then be reachable using
src/dist/build/site/index.html and
src/dist/build/docs/printable_preview/printable_docs/index.html

Regards

 Felix