jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Ahmad Hasbini <a.g.hasb...@gmail.com>
Subject A flexible approach to JUnit Runner integrations
Date Sun, 23 Aug 2020 11:34:22 GMT
Hello,

I've been looking into how to use Jmeter with JUnit tests that are using
the SpringJUnit4ClassRunner, the reason behind using it is to autowire the
beans. Upon understanding the current implementation of the JunitSampler, I
thought of the following enhancement:

   - Use the JUnit runner instead of the current implementation which can
   take care of the setup for the test class(es) and the test method
   invocation.
   - Attach test and run listeners to monitor the progress and results of
   the test case to fill in the SampleResult(s).
   - Have all of this logic implemented in a Sampler so it can be easily
   used with Jmeter.

I'm wondering if anything on this topic was discussed before. I feel that
the downsides of this approach is probably the time JUnit runners take to
instantiate and setup or even the increased memory consumption compared to
the current lightweight implementation. I'm looking forward to any thoughts
and feedback on this as I'm currently trying an implementation of my own.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Ahmad Hasbini