jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Release 5.4.1
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2020 15:06:07 GMT

> Hello,
> It looks like we may need to release a 5.4.1 due to some regressions and
> issues with Darklaf.

Yes, it certainly looks like a soon next release. I would like to wait a
few days, to see, if more problems get reported (not weeks, though).

> Regarding Darklaf, we are having constantly since it was introduced issues
> with it on different platforms. Jannis is very reactive to fix those issues
> which is great.
>
> But the issues are very impacting in terms of UI experience (at least the
> ones I faced in the past) and we are still not stable.
>
> How can we do to make our releases more robust ?
> It looks like our automated test don't detect them. And the manual tests me
> wake as part of our release process neither.
> I personally use JMeter mainly on MacOSX, only sometimes on Windows 10.
>
> I faced many issues on Windows as I had to use it for one customer, this is
> how I reported them.

That's what I thought, too. I think we need more automated tests for the
GUI part, as one regression showed up on saving test plans on a Windows OS.

@All, do you have experience testing a (Swing) GUI? What would be a good
way to introduce this, for at least some basic stuff like opening a test
plan, creating one through the UI, saving it.

> @Dev team, what are the OSes you use ?

Linux (Ubuntu really)

> If we are not able to improve this, maybe we should switch back to System
> LAFs.

That is always possible.

Regards

 Felix