johnzon-dev mailing list archives

From Arnold Robert Turdean <arnold.robert.turd...@treedev.site>
Subject JOHNZON-312 - Release request
Date Fri, 08 May 2020 11:55:50 GMT
Dear all,

In the past days I reported the JOHNZON-312 issue, I also created a fix
for it which was improved and committed by Romain Manni-Bucau. At this
point I would like to say a big thanks to him, because he reacted to the
problem very fast. He succeed to fix the problem in the master branch
which is working fine. Actually this was a pretty important fix because
the bug led to a situation in which unexpected fields has been updated
by the JSonPatchImpl. This led to corrupted data for us and we are
talking about a bug which can be reproduced very easily without having
extremely complicated data structure and "add" operation. The fix is
very important to us while a lot of APIs are unusable because of it. And
again *the bug can easily cause data corruption*.

Because of that I would like to request the release of 1.2.6 as soon as
possible which will contain the above described bug. As I know this fix
is the only one after the 1.2.6, but let me mention one more time that
it's an extremely important one. :)

Thank you so much,

                    Arnold Robert Turdean

                                      TreeDev Software