juddi-dev mailing list archives

From "Anou Manavalan" <a...@trysybase.com>
Subject RE: [juddi-Developers] Authenticator
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:27:05 GMT
BTW: If it is needed, I can add encryption to the XMLAuthenticator or we can
have a db with encrypted pswd. I just worked on encryption in my project, so
should be able to do it fairly easily.

regards,
-Anou

-----Original Message-----
From: juddi-developers-admin@lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:juddi-developers-admin@lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Viens,
Steve
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 3:06 PM
To: juddi-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [juddi-Developers] Authenticator

Hi Anou,

That's great news Anou, now how did we say we were going to add the
FindService & FindBusiness to CVS?  As for Sybase Universal Login, hopefully
you can contribute it but if not, no worries.

I wasn't really sure how useful XMLAuthenticator was in a real deployment
since it saves ID's and passwords in plain text.

I moved management of AuthTokens into the database because it seem more or
less independent of the authentication mechanism. Authentication to me was
the process of validating credentials and giving access - an AuthToken.

Also, it was a step towards allowing jUDDI to be deployed in a clustered
environemnt (where two or more jUDDI servers in a cluster could handle
requests from the same client. I agree that expired AuthTokens should be
removed at some time but I wasn't certain that the best way to do it was by
having the run a thread in the background (since in a clustered environment
all webapps in a cluster might attempting to do that).

Of course I never documented that :)

Steve