juddi-dev mailing list archives

From "Anou Manavalan" <a...@trysybase.com>
Subject RE: [juddi-Developers] RE: problems in deploying to sybase
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2003 21:39:05 GMT
Steve,

I made it work in EAServer. I am attaching the RegistryServlet file that I
had to change to make it work. If this works fine in tomcat and Websphere,
then we can check it in. If not, I have to see why EAServer is behaving
different.

    try {
      initCtx = new InitialContext();
    }
       NamingEnumeration e = initCtx.listBindings("java:comp/env/");
      while (e.hasMore()) {

 skipped the envContext and used the initCtx, let me know if this works for
you.

regards,
-Anou

-----Original Message-----
From: juddi-developers-admin@lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:juddi-developers-admin@lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Steve
Viens
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2003 8:20 AM
To: anou@trysybase.com; juddi-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [juddi-Developers] RE: problems in deploying to sybase

Hi Anou,

Can't recall but it's probably because that's what it took to get it to
work! :) I think it returns context properties from the 'root' level
(but who knows). Also, I'd prefer if jUDDI would work with JDK1.3 as
well as 1.4 so if I have created a JDK1.4 dependency then that'll have
to be changed.

That that doesn't mean it was the correct way to do it. Perhaps this
could use some investigation and rework - we just need to make sure that
whatever we come up with will work with all J2EE servers (EAServer,
Tomcat, WebSphere, etc). I'm very happy that you're using EAServer ...
testing on three different servers should help us flush out many/all
compatability issues (I'm using Tomcat and WebSphere.)

Does this '/' not function correctly for you? Are you having trouble
deploying to EAServer? If so let me know and I'll be *very* happy to
help (I'm very concerned about deployment problems).

Steve