kafka-users mailing list archives

From Joel Koshy <jjko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: kafka 1:N message delivery pattern
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 21:01:53 GMT
Semantically, yes that's right although it may be more accurate to
think of it as the producers depositing messages at the broker that
can then be consumed by multiple independent consumer groups. The
achieved pattern in your example depends on the view-point. E.g., 1:N
from each producer's point of view, M:N from the broker's point of
view and N:1 from the consumer's point of view.

Joel