kafka-users mailing list archives

From Felix Giguere Villegas <felix.gigu...@mate1inc.com>
Subject Tail or stdin producer?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 19:20:58 GMT
Hi,

We are currently evaluating Kafka, so I'm trying to get one of our simple
use case working. I have read the design paper and most of everything else I
could find about Kafka, but I'm not sure how to set up a producer that tails
files or that reads from STDIN.

Do I have to write custom code just for that? It seems like a pretty
simple/common use case, so I would think it already exists out of the box.

I guess I could pipe a tail command into bin/kafka-producer-shell.sh ??

This kind of stuff is relatively easy to set up with Flume, but we like the
persistence and replay capabilities of Kafka, which is why we are trying it
out.

Thanks in advance for helping out a newb ;) !

--
Felix