kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jun Rao <jun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: kafka 1:N message delivery pattern
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 21:04:54 GMT
Chandra,

Let me see if I understand what you want to do. There is one topic per user
(which stores all tweets posted by this user). Each follower consumes the
topics corresponding to the users he follows. Conceptually, this works. The
question is the number of topics. Currently, Kafka is not suitable for
millions of topics.

Jun