kafka-users mailing list archives

From Mathias Herberts <mathias.herbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Metrics
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 09:17:38 GMT
Hi,

I've deployed a few kafka brokers to test kafka out, for monitoring
purposes I've configured our in-house monitoring system to poll the
JMX MBeans exposed by Kafka.

It appears that some of the metrics exposed through JMX are
pre-computed rates of change of quantities whose raw values are not
available via JMX. Would it be possible for the MBeans to expose those
raw values so rates, delta, etc can be computed on other time periods?

I'm specifically thinking about the following metrics:

avgflushms
avgfetchrequestms
avgproducerequestms
bytesreadpersecond
byteswrittenpersecond
fetchrequestspersecond
producerequestspersecond

which are rates and averages. Having the following additional metrics
(counters) would allow for more flexibility:

totalflushms
totalbytesread
totalbyteswritten
totalfetchrequestms