kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Hargett, Phil" <phil.harg...@mirror-image.com>
Subject Re: Fatal issue (was RE: 0.8 throwing exception "Failed to find leader" and high-level consumer fails to make progress_
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 13:21:48 GMT
Why would a consumer that has been shutdown still be rebalancing?

Zookeeper session timeout (zookeeper.session.timeout.ms) is 1000 and sync time (zookeeper.sync.timeout.ms)
is 500.

Also, the timeout for the thread that looks for the leader is left at the default 200 milliseconds
(refresh.leader.backoff.ms). That's why we see these messages so often in our logs.

I can imagine I need to tune some of these settings for load...but the issue, I think, is
that the consumer has been shutdown, so the ZkClient for the leader finder thread no longer
has a connection—and won't.

:)

On Jul 28, 2013, at 11:21 PM, "Jun Rao" <junrao@gmail.com<mailto:junrao@gmail.com>>