kafka-users mailing list archives

From Tom Amon <ta46...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Partition Balancing
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 20:57:13 GMT
This means it's not recommended to spread a cluster of brokers over more
than one data center? Are there specific timing or performance issues
related to this?

> Intra-cluster replication support is not recommended for an inter-DC set
up. You can instead set up a mirror of a cluster in another DC.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+mirroring+%28MirrorMaker%29