kafka-users mailing list archives

From Ben Stopford <...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: Getting started with Kafka using Java client
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2015 15:08:00 GMT
Hi Tarun

There is an examples section in the kafka project here <https://github.com/apache/kafka/tree/trunk/examples>
which shows the Consumer, SingleConsumer and Producer. These are just clients so you’ll
need ZK and a Kafka server running to get them going. You probably don’t need to worry about
the SimpleConsumerDemo which is an older way of interacting with Kafka.

Another option is to run a client from inside a test. There is a very simple example here
<https://gist.github.com/benstopford/49555b2962f93f6d50e3>.