kafka-users mailing list archives

From Stevo Slavić <ssla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to verify offsets topic exists?
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2015 08:02:36 GMT
Thanks Grant for quick reply!

I've used AdminUtils.topicExists("__consumer_offsets") check and even 10sec
after Kafka broker startup, the check fails.

When, on which event, does this internal topic get created? Is there some
broker config property preventing it from being created? Does one have to
use high level consumer or make some special request (JoingGroup?) using
simple consumer API to trigger consumer offsets topic init on broker?

I'm using simple consumer API - I assume exclude.internal.topics,
offsets.storage or dual.commit.enabled however configured shouldn't affect
me, since I'm passing OffsetCommitRequest with version id 1, and even more
I do not even reach point where commit is done, since lookup of consumer
coordinator is throwing ConsumerCoordinatorNotAvailableException.

Kind regards,
Stevo Slavic.