kafka-users mailing list archives

From Zhao Weinan <zhaow...@gmail.com>
Subject Is there a way to change Kafka's data path in Zookeeper transparently to Kafka client?
Date Sat, 10 Oct 2015 12:44:27 GMT
Hi group,

We are running Kafka clusters in production, using Zookeeper without
chroot, unwisely. Then there are several Kafka-related dirs in Zookeeper's
root path with some general names, such as */consumers*. And recently we
have another application coincidently using same */consumers *path, though
different sub-path. So technically all apps running happily, but it's
smelling bad.

Now I want to clean it up, having two options:
  A. move all Kafka-related dirs to /kafka/, using chroot
  B. using another independent Zookeeper clusters, Kafka only

But meanwhile we have tens of Kafka high level clients, using the same
Zookeeper clusters to save client offsets, so my question is: Is it
possible to employ option A/B transparently to all clients?

Thanks.