kafka-users mailing list archives

From Tom Dearman <tom.dear...@gmail.com>
Subject kafka-streams
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 11:17:34 GMT
Can anyone tell me whether the kaka-streams project will resolve the issue noted in the KIP-28:

“After processor writes to a store instance, it first sends the change message to its corresponding
changelog topic partition. When user calls commit() in his processor, KStream needs to flush
both the store instance as well as the producer sending to the changelog, as well as committing
the offset in the upstream Kafka. If these three operations cannot be done atomically, then
if there is a crash in between this operations duplicates could be generated since the upstream
Kafka committing offset is executed in the last step; if there three operations can be done
atomically, then we can guarantee "exactly-once" semantics.”

Does this requirement essentially mean that kafka-streams will not work until transactional
support is implemented in kafka. Is kafka-streams going to be in the 0.10 release. Is transactional
support still going into release 0.10 and does this look likely to be for Q2 2016 which is
the present schedule.

Thanks.