kafka-users mailing list archives

From Ewen Cheslack-Postava <e...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: NotEnoughReplication
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2016 02:49:53 GMT
This error doesn't necessarily mean that a broker is down, it can also mean
that too many replicas for that topic partition have fallen behind the
leader. This indicates your replication is lagging for some reason.

You'll want to be monitoring some of the metrics listed here:
http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#monitoring to help you
understand a) when this occurs (e.g. # of under replicated partitions being
a critical one) and b) what the cause might be (e.g. saturating network,
requests processing slow due to some other resource contention, etc).

-Ewen

--
Thanks,
Ewen