kafka-users mailing list archives

From Fang Wong <fw...@salesforce.com>
Subject min.insync.replica for __consumer_offsets topic
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2016 04:46:02 GMT
Hi,

In our application, we set topic.replication.factor to 3 in the client side
and min.insync.replicas = 2 in the kafka server side (server.properties).

Does min.insync.replicas = 2 apply to kafka internal topic
__consumer_offsets (we are using kafka version 0.9.0.1 and have
offsets.storage = kafka)?

How to get the replication factor and min insync replica for topic
__consumer_offsets?

Another side question, we have a test code to create test topic without
setting topic.replication.factor to 3, we always see replication factor is
1, and ISR is 1 for this test topic, why the server.properties
min.insync.replicas = 2 not apply to the test topic?

Thanks,
Fang