kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Doyle, Keith" <Keith.Do...@greenwayhealth.com>
Subject RdKafka & setting offsets
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2016 20:53:43 GMT

I'm attempting to set the offset for a RdKafka-dotnet consumer in order to re-read the topic,
but I've not seen any documentation or examples that do this.   I saw a reference for librdkafka
that seems to show a set_offset method off the TopicPartition class and an Offset property
on the TopicPartitionOffset class, but instantiating the former in RdKafka-dotnet shows no
such method, so I'm not sure it's been extended to RdKafka-dotnet.   In addition, I have no
idea how to go about using these TopicPartition/Offset classes in the context of the RdKafka
EventConsumer, whether it should be passed in as a parameter to the Subscribe or Start methods,
or to the Position method (and if so, when to invoke it-before or after the Subscribe &
Start, etc...).

Can anyone clarify how you're supposed to set the offset on a topic in the context of RdKafka?

--

[Greenway_Health_PNG_large_NO_tag]

Keith Doyle  |  Senior Software Engineer
Greenway Health  |  4301 W. Boy Scout Blvd., Suite 800, Tampa, FL 33607
(702) 256-9911 office  |  GreenwayHealth.com<http://www.greenwayhealth.com/>
[cid:image003.png@01D04086.868CBCB0]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/greenway-health>[cid:image004.png@01D04086.868CBCB0]<https://www.facebook.com/GreenwayHealthLLC>[cid:image005.png@01D04086.868CBCB0]<https://twitter.com/greenway>

NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged
and confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of
this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination,
distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by electronic
mail and delete this message and all copies and backups thereof. Thank you. Greenway Health.