kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Bennett, Conrad" <Conrad.Benn...@VerizonWireless.com.INVALID>
Subject Kafka Configuration Question
Date Thu, 25 May 2017 05:25:31 GMT
Hello,

I'm hoping someone could provide me with some assistance please. I am in the process of attempting
to standing up a Kafka cluster and I have 7 nodes all of which has kafka and zookeeper installed.
I have attached my server.properties file to verify whether or not I have anything misconfigured
but each time I try to start the kafka service it fails with the error timed out connecting
to zookeeper but the zookeeper process is up and running. Also during my research I read in
order to achieve better performance separate drives for kafka data should be configure, but
in the configuration file I didn't understand where exactly that should be configure. Any
assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

kafka: { version: 0.10.1.1 }

zkper: { version: 3.4.9 }

Conrad Bennett Jr.