kafka-users mailing list archives

From Devin Kramer <dkra...@rubiconproject.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Kafka in python
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2019 17:43:18 GMT
If your consumer is always starting with the same consumer group ID it
should pick up where it left off.   This also assumes your consumer is
correctly sending its offsets to the __consumer_offsets topic and that the
time between it starting and stopping is not so long that whatever
retention you have set on that topic is expiring your consumers offset
value.   That being said Is there a technical reason your consumer can't
simply connect and stay connected and consuming as messages come in rather
then having to start up occasionally?  Although the later should work the
former is probably more inline with a standard kafka consumer, although I
may be speaking above my knowledge grade on that..

--

Devin Kramer Director, Infrastructure Engineering

12181 BLUFF CREEK DRIVE, 4TH FLOOR, PLAYA VISTA, CA 90094

RUBICONPROJECT.COM <http://www.rubiconproject.com>  |  JOIN US
<http://rubiconproject.com/join-us/>  |  FOLLOW US
<http://twitter.com/rubiconproject>