kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jamie <jamied...@aol.co.uk.INVALID>
Subject Calculating Required Number of Fetch sessions
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2019 18:42:54 GMT
Hi All,
Is there any formula for calculating the number of required fetch sessions?
I notice we have a lot of "fetch session doesn't exist" messages in the consumer logs, my
understanding is that this is caused by fetch sessions being removed by the broker because
we have more consumers than fetch session cache slots.
Is there a formula for working out the number of fetch sessions required?
Maybe: num_replica_fetchers_per_broker + (num_consumers / num_brokers)
Many thanks,
Jamie